Tuesday, January 15, 2008

320GB


Guts, originally uploaded by neutralSurface.

It's been too long since I updated, so I figured that this was an appropriate time to do it. I just completed an internal hard drive upgrade to my 2.33GHz core 2 duo MacBook Pro. Firstly I upped my 2GB of RAM to max of 3GB (the extra GB outweighed the benefits of dual channeling). And just today I replaced my stock 160GB hard drive with the new Western Digital 320GB Scorpio 2.5" Drive. I then restored everything with Time Machine and everything is back where it was pre-upgrade (except my wallpaper was reset to the default for some reason). The actual procedure involved quite a few screws, but aside from keeping track of those (a piece of tape made it easy), it was a fast (20min) process which resulted in going from a cramped 5 free GB to ~150 free GB. So far so good.

It's interesting to note (at least to me) that I now have a total of 1.23 terrabytes worth of storage sitting on my desk (actual formatted space brings the number down a bit though). I know this number sounds ample to me now, but I'm sure a few years down the line it will seem puny and inconsequential…until then…

No comments: